The Nevada County Fish and Wildlife Commission typically meets monthly to consider grant applications, review project status, and conduct regular business. These meetings are open to the public and the public is encouraged to attend.
Promoting Conservation of Fish and Game in Nevada County
The Nevada County Fish and Wildlife Commission leverages funds from fines and forfeitures imposed or collected as a result of environmental enforcement actions prosecuted by the District Attorney for violations of the California State Fish and Game Code in Nevada County. The Nevada County Fish and Wildlife Commission recommends expenditures for many of the following purposes:
- Public education relating to the scientific principles of fish and wildlife conservation
- Temporary emergency treatment and care of injured or orphaned wildlife
- Breeding, raising, purchasing, or releasing fish or wildlife
- Improvement of fish and wildlife habitat
- Construction, maintenance, and operation of public hatchery facilities
- Purchase and maintenance of material, supplies, or equipment
- Scientific fish and wildlife research conducted by institutions of higher learning qualified researchers, or governmental agencies
- Reasonable administrative costs
To be considered for a grant, qualified recipients must submit a grant request form to the Nevada County Fish and Wildlife Commission. If approved, funds w
ill be dispersed to the recipient for the approved project. See a list
of previously approved and funded projects.
Fish and Wildlife Commission Meetings, Minutes and Agendas