full screen background image
Reporting Animal Bites

MyNevadaCounty.com - County of Nevada, California

Department Directory
Employee Login

This login feature is for Nevada County Employees. Future functionality will offer citizens the ability to log in to this site and manage preferences.

Sign In

Site Help

Use the Site Help Page for tips and suggestions about MyNevadaCounty.com.
Reporting Animal Bites
Published on: 3/2/2017 12:00 AM

Animals often bite in response to being afraid or hurt.  If you find a sick or injured animal, avoid handling the animal, especially with bare hands, and call animal control.

                             Grass Valley - within city limits:  530 477-4630

                            Nevada County - unincorporated:  530 265-1471

                                                  Town of Truckee:  530 582-7830​


Healthcare facility personnel are required to report All incidents of animal bites to the Nevada County Public Health Department and One of the appropriate Animal Control Facilities.

Report of Animal Bite (PDF document)

Complete the Report of Animal Bite form and fax to:

          1.  Nevada County Public Health Department  FAX# (530) 271-0894

          2.  AND fax to ONE of the following appropriate Animal Control Facilities:

                 Grass Valley City Animal Control   FAX# (530) 477-6274

                 Nevada County Animal Control       FAX# (530) 273-2346

                 Truckee Animal Control                 FAX# (530) 582-7889