Pesticide Compliance Monitoring
Effective and comprehensive pesticide use compliance monitoring is essential to assuring the safety of pesticide handlers, fieldworkers, the public, and the environment. Since many pesticides are used in non-agricultural settings (water treatment plants, landscapes, parks, food service facilities, hospitals, golf courses, homes, schools, etc.). Our office also monitors non-agricultural uses of pesticides. Compliance monitoring includes pesticide use and records inspections, surveillance, episode and complaint investigations.
Pesticide Use & Records Inspections & Surveillance
Agricultural Inspectors and Biologists conduct on-site pesticide application, field worker safety, pesticide storage, disposal and record audit inspections. Most inspections are unannounced, and inspectors prioritize inspections based on the pesticide toxicity and formulation; proximity to environmentally sensitive areas (lakes, endangered species habitat, etc.); proximity to residences, schools, or other sensitive sites (hospital, nursing home, etc.); proximity to surrounding areas where workers or the public may be present; the number of employees engaged in pesticide related activities; the type of application method; and the company’s history of violations or complaints.
Episode & Complaint Investigations
Agricultural Inspectors and Biologists investigate pesticide episodes and complaints that may involve potential or actual human illness or injury, property damage, loss or contamination, and environmental effects. Information gathered during these investigations is used to determine possible violations of pesticide laws and regulations and subsequent enforcement actions. Investigative reports are also used by state and federal agencies to evaluate pesticide use patterns and in identifying broader statewide or national issues. Our investigative reports receive close review and scrutiny from the Legislature, U.S. EPA, other government agencies, the agricultural industry and special interest groups.
- CalAgPermits Login Instructions (PDF)
- CalAgPermits Web Use Guide (PDF)
- Equipment List Form for Pest Control Registration (PDF)
- Fieldworker Training Record
- Pest Control Business and Maintenance Gardener Registration (PDF)
- Pesticide Branch 1 Registration Form (PDF)
- Pesticide Branch 2 and 3 Registration Form (PDF)
- Pesticide Handler Written Training Record English (PDF)
- Pesticide Handler Written Training Record Spanish (PDF)
- Pesticide Letter of Authorization (PDF)
- Pesticide Medical Supervision Written Agreement (PDF)
- Pesticide Non-Agricultural Monthly Summary PUR (PDF)
- Pesticide Use Report Form (PDF)
- Private Applicator Certificate Application (PDF)
- Private Applicator Certificate Renewal (PDF)
- Private Certified Applicator Registration Form (PDF)
- Production Agriculture Monthly PUR Form (PDF)
- Production Agriculture Monthly PUR Form for Multiple Sites (PDF)