Pesticide Worker Safety
The safety of agricultural field workers and pesticide handlers is an important focus of Nevada County’s Pesticide Use and Enforcement program. Inspectors perform compliance activities to ensure safe working conditions, proper use of personal protective equipment, and training for employees who work with or around pesticides.
Any employee handling pesticides in a production agricultural setting, including vineyards, timber, Christmas trees and nursery stock, is required to be trained by someone holding a Qualified Applicator's License (QAL), unless that employee already holds a Qualified Applicator's Certificate (QAC).
Additionally, any employee working around pesticide applications must also be trained.
The Pesticide Safety Information Series (PSIS) leaftlets were developed as a training aid for employees. California regulations require these documents to be part of pesticide handler and field worker training. The leaflets are in PDF format in English, Spanish and Punjabi. Any employee and worker safety training must be documented.
Links to Worker Safety Forms
- Handler Written Training Forms (PDF)
- Medical Supervision Written Agreement (PDF)
- Pesticide Safety Guide (PDF)
More Safety Links
- CalAgPermits Login Instructions (PDF)
- CalAgPermits Web Use Guide (PDF)
- Equipment List Form for Pest Control Registration (PDF)
- Pest Control Business and Maintenance Gardener Registration (PDF)
- Pesticide Branch 1 Registration Form (PDF)
- Pesticide Branch 2 and 3 Registration Form (PDF)
- Pesticide Handler Written Training Record English (PDF)
- Pesticide Handler Written Training Record Spanish (PDF)
- Pesticide Letter of Authorization (PDF)
- Pesticide Medical Supervision Written Agreement (PDF)
- Pesticide Non-Agricultural Monthly Summary PUR (PDF)
- Pesticide Safety Guide For Agricultural Workers (PDF)
- Pesticide Use Report Form (PDF)
- Private Applicator Certificate Application (PDF)
- Private Applicator Certificate Renewal (PDF)
- Private Certified Applicator Registration Form (PDF)
- Production Agriculture Monthly PUR Form (PDF)
- Production Agriculture Monthly PUR Form for Multiple Sites (PDF)