The Building Permit Outpost is open for business!
The Nevada County Building Department's satellite office is located within the Nevada Contractors' Association office at 149 Crown Point Ct. in Grass Valley. Department Staff is available onsite Thursdays from 8:30am until 12:30pm. Services available at this site will include application submittals, obtaining over-the-counter permits, project resubmittals, fees estimates and general building permit and plan check questions.
Please note that not all services will be available at the Building Permit Outpost. If you had previously applied for a permit at the County office and would like to pick up your permit at the Outpost, please contact the Building Department prior to Thursday to arrange an appointment.
There also will be a self-service kiosk available during regular business hours Monday to Friday to assist you with digital application submittals, scheduling building inspections, checking plan check status, completing property research, and accessing resources on our County website.
If you have any questions, please contact the Nevada County Building Department directly by email at email@example.com or phone at (530) 265-1222.
Over the Counter Wednesday Program
The Over-the-Counter Wednesday Plan Review by Appointment Program is a program that was created to allow customers, contractors, and their designers to schedule appointments with appropriate Community Development Agency staff to review plans for minor and moderate commercial tenant improvements, residential remodels, and other qualified projects.
Projects that May Qualify:
- Deck Replacement or Construction and Patio Covers
- nterior Commercial Tenant Improvements (non structural) less than 1,500 square feet for Retail or Business Occupancies
- Interior Residential Kitchen and/or Bathroom Remodels
- Residential Additions less that 600 square feet
- Residential Ground Mounted and Commercial Roof or Ground Mount Solar
- Residential Storage Sheds, Barns and/or Garages less than 600 square feet
- Residential Swimming Pools
Projects that Do Not Qualify:
- As-Built Projects
- Commercial Additions
- Interior Tenant Improvements with Structural Alterations
- New Building Construction (other than sheds, barns, etc, as listed above)
- Projects with Hazardous Materials
- Tenant Improvements with a Change of Building Use