Code Compliance Division

Update as of June 15th: 

The Code Department is open for walk-ins and limited appointments Monday through Friday 8 to 3:30pm. To book an appointment please email us directly or call (530) 265-1222, Option 4.

The Department will continue to provide services through email, phone, and online. 

Also, you may continue to use our drop/pick-up box in the CDA lobby for other related paperwork. Please allow a processing time of 24 to 48 hours from the date received. 

If you have questions, please contact us directly at or 530-265-1222, Option 4.

Learn about the abandoned vehicle abatement program.

Abandoned Vehicle Abatement Program

View information about removal of abandoned vehicles from public property.
Access the Online Citizen Portal

Online Citizen Portal

Apply for encroachment permits, check the status of your application and pay fees. Registration is required for most features. 
View information about tenant-landlord relations.

Tenant Landlord Relations

Learn about residential tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities.
Review the most recent cannabis regulations.
View information about the bark beetle.
View information about nuisance abatement.

Nuisance Abatement

View before and after photos of nuisance abatement cases.
Access the Code Compliance Complaint Form

Code Compliance Complaint Form

Submit a code complaint form (PDF). Or, you may start the complaint process via our online service request process.
After reviewing the request, you may be required to download the code complaint form, sign it, and either fax the form to us or drop it off in person.
Review frequently asked questions about the Code Compliance Division.

Frequently Asked Questions

Get answers to the most frequently asked Code Compliance questions.
Take a short survey to help us out.

Take Our Short Survey

We would love to get your feedback on how we are doing.