Priority Group 1
- Veterans assigned a total disability rating for compensation based on unemployability.
- Veterans with VA Service-connected disabilities rated 50% or more.
Priority Group 2
- Veterans with VA Service-connected disabilities rated 30% or 40%
Priority Group 3
- Veterans awarded the Medal of Honor.
- Veterans awarded the Purple Heart Medal.
- Veterans awarded special eligibility classification under Title 38, U.SC., § 1151, “benefits for individuals disabled by treatment or vocational rehabilitation.”
- Veterans who are former POWs.
- Veterans whose discharge was for a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
- Veterans with VA Service-connected disabilities rated 10% or 20%.
Priority Group 4
- Veterans determined by VA to be catastrophically disabled.
- Veterans receiving increased compensation or pension based on their need for regular Aid and Attendance or by reason of being permanently Housebound.
Priority Group 5
- Non-Service-Connected Veterans and non-compensable Service-Connected Veterans rated 0%, whose annual income and/or net worth are not greater than the VA financial thresholds.
- Veterans eligible for Medicaid benefits.
- Veterans receiving VA Pension benefits.
Priority Group 6
- Compensable 0% Service-connected Veterans.
- Project 112/SHAD participants.
- Veterans exposed to ionizing radiation during atmospheric testing or during the occupation of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- Veterans who served in the Republic of Vietnam between January 9, 1962 and May 7, 1975.
- Veterans who served in the Southwest Asia Theater of operations from August 2, 1990, through November 11, 1998.
- Veterans who served in a theater of combat operations after November 11, 1998, as follows
- Veterans discharged from active duty on or after January 28, 2003, for five years post discharge
Priority Group 7
- Veterans with incomes below the geographic means test (GMT) income thresholds and who agree to pay the applicable co-payment.
Priority Group 8
- Veterans eligible for enrollment Non-Service-connected and:
- Sub priority c Enrolled as January 16, 2003, and who remained enrolled since that date and / or placed in this sub priority due to changed eligibility status
- Sub priority d Enrolled on or after June 15, 2009 whose income exceeds the current VA National Income Thresholds or VA National Geographic Income Thresholds by 10% or less
- Veterans eligibility for enrollment Non-compensable 0% service-connected and
- Sub priority a Enrolled as of January 16, 2003, and who have remained enrolled since that date and / or placed in this sub priority due to changed eligibility status.
- Sub priority b Enrolled on or after June 15, 2009 whose income exceeds the current VA National Income Thresholds or VA National Geographic Income Thresholds by 10% or less
- Veterans not eligible for enrollment Veterans not meeting the criteria above
- Sub priority e Non-compensable 0% service-connected
- Sub priority g Non-Service-connected
- Veterans with gross household incomes above the VA national income threshold and the geographically-adjusted income threshold for their resident location and who agrees to pay co-pays