How to Apply


You can start an application for CalFresh on the BenefitsCal website.

Use the general application form if applying for more than one program (example CalWORKs, CalFresh and Medi-Cal or CMSP). Access the County Program Verification List for items you may need to provide to support your application. Complete and print the form, then mail or deliver it to the Nevada City or Truckee office.

You can also visit our Nevada City or Truckee office to apply in person, call to request an application be mailed to you, or email us with any questions.

Access the California Department of Social Services CalFresh Site for more information on the CalFresh program.