PUBLIC WORKS IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY,
The Nevada County Public Works Department is now open to the Public by APPOINTMENT ONLY
Please use the link to our online appointment system using the ticket symbol below this announcement.
The Public Works Department is continuing to provide service through email, phone and online services. Visit our Public Works website for information on services provided. For additional information on how Public Works is handling operations during COVID-19, check out the Message from our Director.
If you have additional questions and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at (530) 265-1411 or by email at Public.Works@co.nevada.ca.us.
While Staff may be working remotely, they continue to monitor voicemail and email during regular business hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. You may also submit a request via our "Ask Nevada County" app. Thank you.
PUBLIC WORKS ONLINE APPOINTMENT APP
The Public Works Department is open to the Public BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Six (6) one-hour appointment windows are available each Tuesday and Thursday between the hours of 9:00 to 11:00 am and 1:00 to 3:00 pm.
Click on the ticket to the left to access the online appointment system.
When arriving for your appointment you will need to check-in using the online appointment system. Please wait in the main lobby of the Eric Rood Center for a Representative to escort you into the CDA Lobby. All visitors are required to adhere to social distancing guidelines and wear a mask in accordance with the statewide mandatory CDPH guidelines issued 6/18/20 : https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH%20Document%20Library/COVID-19/Guidance-for-Face-Coverings_06-18-2020.pdf
If you have any further questions you may contact a Public Works representative who can help determine if an appointment is required or if your needs can be handled over the phone or through an available e-service. (530) 265-1411 or by email at Public.Works@co.nevada.ca.us.
About Public Works
Welcome to the Nevada County Department of Public Works. The Department of Public Works encompasses six separate divisions plus Administration .
- Administration - Permitting, Customer Service, Public Counter & Phones, Social Media posting, Division Administrative support,
- Engineering - Road Design, Bridges, Construction, Traffic, Land Use, County Surveyor Functions, County Surveyor - Land Use/Survey, Corner Records, Records of Survey
- Fleet - County Vehicle and Equipment maintenance
- Road Maintenance - Maintains 562 miles of public roadways along with numerous bridges and drainage facilities throughout the county, including signs, vegetation management and storm response.
- Solid Waste - Household Waste Pickup, Recycling, McCourtney Road Transfer Station
- Transit Services - Gold Country Stage Transit Services.
- Wastewater - Wastewater Treatment and Collection Facilities, New Sewer Connections.
Administrative Staff are available to provide customer services via phone, fax, email or public counter. Staff monitor the Public Works email address, Facebook page, NextDoor app and the "AskNevadaCounty" online work order request App.
They are available to answer questions, assist with permits and direct questions and inquiries to the appropriate person or department.
Hours of Operation:
We are located at the Eric Rood Government Center at:
950 Maidu Ave, Nevada City, CA 95959
We can be reached via the following:
Main Phone : (530) 265-1411
Fax: (530) 265-9845
Front Counter ServicesFront counter services are by appointment only. Items for submission can be dropped off in the main lobby of the Eric Rood Center outside the CDA Lobby in the basket labeled Public Works.
Items listed below that have been lined out are only available online or by phone.
Forms of Payment
- Currently, only Encroachment Permit Applications are available for online credit card processing at the time of submission through the Citizens Access page.
- Online credit card payment for Sewer Permit Applications and Transportation Permits can be submitted electronically as follows:
- Submit all applicable documents to the Public Works Department via one of the following:
- Email: Public.Works@co.nevada.ca.us.
- USPS: Nevada County Public Works, 950 Maidu Ave, Nevada CIty, CA 95959
- Drop-off: Nevada County Government Center at: 950 Maidu Ave, Nevada City, CA 95959
- Public Works Administrative staff will review, generate a permit number and contact you to provide the permit number.
- Customer can then access our online Payment Processing and make a payment by credit card
- Credit card payments cannot be taken over the phone or by mail at this time.
- Do Not mail cash.
Doing Business with Public Work
For additional information on doing business with the County, including insurance requirements for contractors, payment of bills and more go to the Purchasing Department website.