Report a Problem


The Nevada County Environmental Health Department responds to a variety of complaints from the public. We respond to complaints about environmental conditions at restaurants, temporary food facility events (street fairs, festivals, etc.), public swimming pools, and other public facilities.

File an Environmental Health Complaint with the Nevada County Environmental Health Department.

Illegal Dumping

To report illegal dumping of solid waste on County roads, County right-of-ways, or County easements, call the Illegal Dumping Hotline 530-265-7111. You can leave a message if calling outside of business hours and we will respond on the next business day.

Hazardous Material Incident

To report a Hazardous Material Incident during normal business hours call 530-265-1778. For after-hour incidents please contact the Sheriffs dispatch at 530-265-7880 and your information will be forwarded to the Environmental Health on-call staff person. For all emergencies call 911.

Code Compliance

A code compliance complaint can be filed with the Nevada County Code Compliance Division for abandoned vehicles, building code violations and accumulation of trash on private property.

File a code compliance complaint.


 Please contact Northern Sierra Air Quality Management District.

Northern Field Office: 530-832-0102

Main Office (Grass Valley): 530-274-9360

Or their website at