2021 Accessible Voting Information
Opens a New Window. The Secretary of State’s office has finalized and posted seven American Sign Language (ASL) videos for the upcoming September 14, 2021, California Gubernatorial Recall Election. These videos can be found on their Voter Information Guide webpage: or on their YouTube Channel. These videos are:
- Proponents’ Statement of Reasons for the Recall and the Governor’s Answer
- California Gubernatorial Recall Elections in California
- Information about Replacement Candidates
- Estimated Costs to Administer the Recall Election
- Letter from the Secretary of State
- Proponent’s Recall Argument
- Governor’s Recall Argument
Remote Accessible Vote-by-Mail Ballot
The Elections Office can email you a digital vote-by-mail ballot. You may mark the ballot on a computer and then print it, or mark it after it has been printed.
The ballot must be returned by mail or in person to the Nevada County Elections Office. Military and Overseas Voters may return a digital ballot by fax.
You can request one here Version OptionsAccessible VotingHeadline Opens a New Window. .
Accessible Voting at Vote Centers
Every vote center is surveyed to confirm ADA compliance.
All vote centers have ballot marking devices called Touch Writers that offer large print options and audio options in English or Spanish. Each Touch Writer comes equipped with Tactile Switches and Sip and Puff ports.YouTube VideoYouTube Video
Magnifying tools are freely available on tables.
If you need any other assistance with voting, vote center staff will be available upon request to read or help mark ballots.
You may vote on a paper or an electronic ballot from a nearby accessible location, including a car. A vote center worker will qualify you to vote and return the voted ballot to the vote center.
To request curbside voting assistance, you may:
- Call in advance to coordinate a time and place
- Have an assistant make the request inside the vote center
- Ring the bell outside of a vote center to inform staff that you would like assistance
How to Request Assistance
To request any assistance with voting please contact our office:
- Phone: (530) 265-1298
- TDD: (530) 265-1335
- Fax: (530) 265-9829
- Email: email@example.com