Cannabis Compliance Division

Effective March 30, 2021, the department is open for limited appointments only to meet the current State of CA Business “RED” Tier under the COVID-19 guidelines. To schedule an appointment with a staff member please call or email the Division directly. 

The Cannabis Compliance Division will continue to provide services through email, phone, and online services. You may also use our drop/pick-up boxes located outside the CDA main double doors in the main lobby area. 

 If you have any questions and/or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly at or 530-265-1222, Option 8.

Thank you and be safe!

Cannabis Equity Program March 4, 2021

Cannabis Equity Program March 4 2021Join Nevada County Cannabis Compliance and Yuba Net for a virtual listening session On Thursday, March 4, 2021 from 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. All ideas, questions and feedback are welcome.

To watch the video and discussion from this event, please visit YubaNet's Youtube video.

Couldn't attend? No problem - share your feedback through a confidential survey:

Commercial Cannabis Cultivation Ordinance

Sec. L-II 3.30 Cannabis Cultivation

Commercial Cannabis Application Appointments

Commercial Cannabis Permit applicants can make appointments with CDA staff for Administrative Development and Commercial Cannabis Permits. Appointments will occur Monday-Friday starting at 8:00am on a first-come, first-served basis. Appointments are for COMPLETE submittals only. ADP and CCP packets are available online or at the CDA office located at 950 Maidu Ave. in Nevada City. 

To make an appointment to submit your application please contact Nevada County CDA at (530) 265-1222 or come visit us in person at the CDA main office. 

All other cannabis-related questions or inquiries can be emailed to the Cannabis Complaince Division at

Commercial Cannabis Permit (CCP) and Administrative Development Permit (ADP) Application Packets

Annual Cannabis Permit Renewal Application

Biological/Environmental Resources Guide

Are you applying for your ADP or CCP and unsure of what is needed for the Biological Resources Assessment ? The Nevada County Planning Department has provided a guide to help you through this step of the application process. Please review this hand out before you submit your ADP or CCP application to ensure you have the necessary information. Management Plan applications and the Pre-Quailfied Biological Consultant list can be found at

Commercial Cannabis Application Guidlines for Biological/Environmental Resource

Review frequently asked questions about the Code Compliance Division.

Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to the most frequently asked Cannabis permitting questions.

Access the Online Citizen Portal

Online Citizen Access

Use the Citizen Access Portal to check the status and review documents related to your ADP or CCP application. Not sure how to nagivate your way through our online Citizen Access Portal? Our step by step instructions can help guide you through the process.