Filing Requirements for New Registrations
- Complete the appropriate Certificate of Registration Form (Business and Professions Code 22350 and 22351)
- At the time of filing the initial Certificate of Registration, the registrant shall also submit a completed Request for Live Scan form confirming fingerprint submission to the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. (Business and Professions Code 22351.5)
- Filing Fee: All fees can be found on the Fee Schedule (PDF) or on the Application. (Business and Professions Code 22352)
- Bond in the amount of $2,000 (Business and Professions Code 22353).
- Recording fee for the Bond: There is a fee for the first page and each additional page. See Recording Fees in the Fee Schedule (PDF).
- Identification Cards – One identification card will be issued; however, there is a fee of $10 per additional identification card. A minimum of two 1 inch photographs must be submitted by the applicant at the time of filing per card requested.
- All registrations expire two years from the filing date
- First time registrants are issued a temporary identification card. This will be replaced once we have received the Criminal History Information back from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Filing requirements for Existing Registrations
- Complete the steps as outlined for new Registrant.
- If the registration has expired, then the registrant must complete a Request for Live Scan Form.
Note to Current Registrations
The registration number issued will remain in effect as long as there is no lapse in the registration. If the registration is allowed to expire, a new registration number must be issued.