SB978 Operations Training
Senate Bill 978 (Bradford) was approved by Governor Brown on September 30, 2018, taking effect January 1, 2020. This legislation requires Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) and local law enforcement agencies to publish education and training material on their Internet Web sites.
Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) site hosts training material utilized by the Nevada County Sheriff's Office, Operations Division.
The Nevada County Sheriff's Office attends other training that pertain to officer safety, tactics, and deployment on various incidents that have been deemed exempt from disclosure. However, in the effort to be transparent for the public interest, the office will list training and post materials that have been approved for disclosure and are not copyrighted material. Additional training flyers are listed below.
- 2021 Animal Care Conference
- Basic Death Investigation
- California Animal Response Teams
- California Sex and Arson Registry
- CCW Conference
- Cellebrite Certified Operator
- Cellebrite Mobile Forensics Fundamentals
- Cellebrite Physical Analyzer
- CHIA Conference
- Criminal Investigation Using Cell Technologies
- Jail and Prisoner Operation and Legal Issues, AELE Conference
- Law Enforcement Legislative Summit
- Managing Police Records
- NCSO POST Trainings
- Officer Involved Shooting Webinar
- Sex Offenders-Understanding and Responding to Sexual Crimes Training Flyer
- Standard NIBRS
- Tactical Breaching Course
- Your Guide to Getting Promoted