School from Home
California K-12 Digital Resources
Online content from Encyclopaedia Britannica, ProQuest research databases, and TeachingBooks are available — at school, at home, in libraries, on laptops, on phones — to all.
These three databases are provided for all California students from the California State Library.
Encyclopaedia Britannica (PreK-12)
A comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning for grades K-12. Includes correlations to California Content Standards and other valuable teacher resources. Post links directly to each school level, elementary, middle or high.
ProQuest (Grades 3-12)
* The icons above and main links below work for accessing these resources on your school campus. Students and staff with the district/school's off-campus access name and access codes should use the "Off-Campus Access" links below when using from public libraries or other non-school locations.
- CultureGrams - Concise social, cultural, and political information on countries, U.S. states, and provinces around the world. (Grades 3-12)
CultureGrams Off-Campus Access
- SIRS Discoverer - A general reference database providing safe, reliable, curriculum-aligned content and features for use by students and educators. (Grades 3-9)
SIRS Discoverer Off-Campus Access
- SIRS Issues Researcher - Pros and cons on 360+ (and growing) complex social issues with relevant, credible information that tells the whole story on the major questions of the day. (Grades 6+)
SIRS Issues Researcher Off-Campus Access
- eLibrary - Database Edition General reference aggregation of periodical and digital media content with editorial guidance for novice researchers. (Grades 6+)
eLibrary Database Edition Off-Campus Access
- ProQuest One Academic - With ProQuest One Academic, four core multi-disciplinary products – ProQuest Central, Academic Complete, Academic Video Online and ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global – are now available and cross-searchable on the same user-friendly, responsive, award-winning ProQuest platform. (Grades 9+)
ProQuest One Academic Off-Campus Access
- Schools & Educators Complete - eBook subscription database of over 13,000 titles that supports English Language Arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Information Literacy and Technology. On the sign in screen input your library barcode (Grades 9+, possibly some content for Middle School, also includes professional development content for faculty)
Additional School from Home Resources
Book Connections strives to joyfully enrich everyone's experience reading children's and young adult books. Start enjoying 227,331 resources about children's and young adult books.
DPLA: Digital Public Library of America: The DPLA offers a single point of access to millions of items-photographs, manuscripts, books, sounds, moving images, and more-from libraries, archives, and museums around the United States.
School Center resources can help students in elementary, middle, and high school prepare for important tests, get extra help with assignments, and boost their skills in important subjects.
Tumblebooks are eBooks for kids. Listen to and view books on your home computer! No library card needed! NoveList K-8 Plus Advice and recommendations for the younger reader.