Business Information & Resources
Financial Aid for Businesses
Below are "quick links” to the latest business resources and information, especially grants and loans.
For updates on grants and business resources, subscribe to the Coronavirus Business Task Force list at www.mynevadacounty.com/BusinessResourcesSubscription.
Latest Grants & Loans
- California Small Business Relief Grant Program
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund, deadlines pending, learn more at www.RestaurantsAct.com
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grant
- Learn more about the application process and qualifications for the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant on this recorded webinar hosted by the Northern California SBDC Finance Center.
Nevada County partners with the Sierra Business Council and the Sierra Small Business Development Center to provide one-on-one support, funding assistance, trainings, and workshops.
If you need help with your small business recovery plan or applying for a grant or a loan, their advisors offer free assistance.
State Resources for Businesses
The State of California has several websites to help you navigate the pandemic and access the resources to help your business recover.
- The Business page has information for businesses and employers on grants and loans, technical assistance, and how to manage COVID-19 in the workplace. The main https://covid19.ca.gov/ page is full of useful resources and general updates, too.
- The GO Biz site is run by the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development and is a good resource for Covid-19 resources. Sign up for the GoBiz newsletter to receive updates and announcements as they happen.
Federal Resources for Businesses
- The US Small Business Administration’s site lists Covid-19 guidance and resources; the SBA is currently offering the Paycheck Protection Program; SBA is a good site to learn about the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant, and the Targeted Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL).
The Nevada County Relief Fund provides grants to for-profit businesses that are complying with public health guidelines. Visit their website at www.nevcorelief.org for information on current funding opportunities.
The County's Office of Emergency Services (OES) is offering local small business owners (25 employees or less) masks and hand sanitizer at no cost. Learn more or apply here.
Learn more about California's Blueprint for a Safer Economy to reduce COVID-19 in the state with revised criteria for loosening and tightening restrictions on activities.
To find the status of activities in our county, enter Nevada into the county field, select the business or activity you are interested in, and click the blue "Get Latest Risk Levels" button. This will bring up links to State guidance for your selected industry.
Resources & Support for Local Businesses
- Sierra Small Business Development Center
Provides free one-on-one consulting, training, and funding application assistance to local businesses.
- Nevada County Economic Resource Council
- Alliance for Workforce Development
Provides training and assistance for job seekers and works with businesses to recruit and train staff.
- Grass Valley Downtown Association
- Greater Grass Valley Chamber
- Nevada City Chamber of Commerce
- Nevada County Arts Council
- Penn Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Truckee Chamber of Commerce
Share resources and support with other local small businesses. Moderated by the County of Nevada and the Sierra Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
Download and print signs and graphics to display at your business.
View past webinars, workshops, and meetings of the COVID-19 Business Resource Task Force, and more.
Still Have Questions?
Email us at email@example.com.