Curbside and Front Door Pick-up
Curbside & Front Door Service
Curbside Service at Bear River
- Place a hold through the library catalog or call your branch library to place a hold. (See instructions below on how to place a hold online.)
- Wait to be notified by text, inbox, or mailbox for a notification letting you know your items are ready for you to pick them up at your designated library location.
- Call the library to schedule your holds pick-up the day before you want to pick up your hold.
- Drive to the library, park in a designated parking spot, and call the phone number on the parking lot sign. Staff will verify your information. Those using curbside pick up should display their last name on the dashboard of their car for verification.
- Library staff will bring items out to your car. Please do not get out of your car. To ensure a no contact pickup, please open the trunk or back hatch to indicate where we may place your items. Alternatively, we can place the items on the hood of your car. Please wait until the staff member has returned to their previous position, either inside the building or in the library staging area, before taking your materials.
Front Door Pickup at Grass Valley, Madelyn Helling and Penn Valley & Truckee Branches
1. Place a hold through the library catalog or call your branch location to place a hold.
2. A notification will be received by text, email, or mailbox advising that your items are ready for pick up at your designated library location.
3. Call the library to schedule a pick-up the day before you want to pick up the hold.
4. Walk-up to the designated area near the front entrance of the library. Staff will bring holds to the door. Please adhere to 6 feet social distancing practices.