Q. What are the current scheduled "browsing" hours for the libraries?
|Bear River||Doris Foley||Grass Valley||Madelyn Helling||Penn Valley||Truckee|
|1:00 - 5:00 PM||TH/FRI|
1:00 - 3:00 PM
|10:00 - 5:00 PM||10:00 - 5:00 PM||11:00 - 4:00 AM||10:00 - 5:00 PM|
|MON / WED/ FRI||SAT. by Appt.||MON - FRI||MON - FRI||MON - FRI||MON - FRI|
Q. Are face coverings required to enter the library on or after June 15th?
A. You must be vaccinated to enter the library facilities without a face covering. If you enter without a face covering, you are attesting that you are fully vaccinated. Those wearing masks must cover the nose and mouth at all times. If you cannot wear a face-covering during your visit, you are welcome to use our front door or curbside services.
Q. Are safety measures still in place at the library?
The health and safety of the public and staff are our priority. In order to reduce contact and slow the spread of COVID-19 the library will continue to make the environment safe for all.
- High-touch surface areas are disinfected regularly.
- Self Checkout is available at selected locations.
- Curbside service will continue for outside service
- PPE Stations with masks, gloves and hand sanitizer are available at all library branches
Q. Do you have limits to the number of patrons allowed into the library?
A. Occupancy limits shall not exceed amount permitted as determined by the Fire Marshal's Office to maintain safety standards. Check your branch for specific limits.
Q. Can I return items inside the library after June 15th?
A. Yes. Check your branch regarding placement of materials inside your branch and location of the bookdrop.
Q. Will curbside and front door pick-up still be an option?
A: Yes. Curbside and front door service are continuing at Bear River, Grass Valley, Madelyn Helling, Penn Valley and Truckee Libraries.
Q. Are you offering programming inside the library?
A. In-person programming is in the planning process. The library will continue with various virtual programs and will begin offering outside programming for all ages, including book clubs, crafting classes, teen programming, and storytime. Visit our events calendar to view upcoming programs.
Q. Are restrooms and drinking fountains available in the library?
Q. What if I want a book that isn’t in your collection? Can I use Link+ or an InterLibrary Loan?
A. Link+ borrowing is available. Interlibrary Loans requests are accepted at this time using our online request form.
Q: How Do I Place a Hold Online?
- Visit the library catalog.
- Click Log In in the upper right corner of your screen. Enter your library card number and PIN. If you do not know your PIN, call your respective branch and ask for your PIN to be reset. You will be asked for your library card number and a 4-digit number to set your PIN.
- Click Search and type in a keyword, title, author’s name, etc. to find the item you would like to check out.
- On the search results, you will see the system availability and/or the number of holds on the item. This will give you an idea if the item is currently available at one of our branches or if there will be a wait time.
- Select Place Request. Confirm your pickup branch and activation date.
- Note: If the item is not available, you may still place a hold but it is currently checked out and won’t be available until it is returned. You will receive a notification (i.e. e-mail or text) when your item is available to be picked up.
Q: What if I have more questions that were not answered here?
A: Please contact your local library branch if you have further questions.