The Doris Foley Library for Historical Research is a non-circulating branch of the Nevada County Community Library system. It is housed in a Romanesque Revival architectural style Carnegie library building completed in 1907. Construction costs were approximately $10,000. It was originally the Nevada City Library and today the building is still owned by the city. The library is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Library is dedicated to acquiring and preserving materials including, but not limited to books, manuscripts, photographs, letters, diaries, business records, official records, reports, minutes, maps, and personal papers relating to Nevada County.
Parking is available on the street (metered) and in the following lots:
Commercial Street Municipal Lot (metered, 3 hour limit)
County Courthouse (weekends only)
Nevada City Veterans' Hall
Nevada Street Municipal Lot (metered, 4 hour limit)
Spring Street Municipal Lot (metered, 2 hour limit upper lot, 4 hour limit lower lot)