Pay Your Tax Bill
Pay Taxes Online
Pay your tax bill online with a credit card, debit card, or E-Check. There is a 2.38% convenience fee on all credit and debit card payments. E-Check payments are free of charge. Online payments made up until 11:59 pm PST on December 10th and April 10th will be considered timely.
Online Payment Instructions
- Select the tax year from the Roll Year dropdown menu.
- Select the criteria you wish to use from the Search By dropdown menu.
- Enter the Search Term in the box and click the Search button.
- Click View Details to display the tax information.
- To pay the first installment only, click Add 1st to Cart.
- To pay both installments, click Add 1st and 2nd to Cart.
- Repeat this process if you want to add more tax bills to your cart.
- To pay, select Pay with E-Check or Pay with Credit/Debit Card.
- Continue until you receive payment confirmation. Version OptionsPay Your Tax BillHeadl
Pay by Phone
Call (877) 445-5617 to pay over the phone with a credit card, debit card, or E-Check. There is a 2.38% convenience fee on all credit and debit card payments. E-Check payments are free of charge. Phone payments made up until 11:59 pm PST on December 10th and April 10th will be considered timely.
Pay in Office
Payments can be made in person Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, excluding Holidays.
Pay by Mail
Mail payments to the Nevada County Tax Collector at PO Box 128, Nevada City, CA 95959. Please reference your assessment number(s) on your payment or include your installment stub(s) with your payment. If you would like a receipt sent to you, please include a note requesting one.
Our dropbox is a small silver box with colorful pinwheels on it and it is located in the parking lot to the left of the building at 950 Maidu Ave, Nevada City, CA 95959. The box is available 24 hours a day, however, it is temporarily locked at 5:00 pm on December 10th and April 10th.
Credit card, debit card, and E-Check payments (online or via phone) will be accepted until 11:59 pm PST on December 10th and April 10th. Please allow yourself ample time for processing. Anything received after 11:59 pm PST will be returned for penalties.
Partial Payments Not Accepted
Payments must be made in full. Partial payments will not be accepted.
Payments from Multiple Sources
Payments made for taxes from multiple sources (check/credit card combination) must have prior authorization before proceeding. Please contact our office before making payments from multiple sources or payments will be voided and returned. Thank you for your cooperation.