Interested in learning more about County government? Consider applying for our Citizen's Academy! Applications for our Fall 2018 Citizen's Academy were due July 13th.
Interested in applying in the future?
Be alerted when applications for our next Citizen's Academy open. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on our Citizen's Academy Outreach mailing list.
Session 1:Introduction to County Government
Session 2:County Finance
Session 3:Emergency Services & Information and General Services
Session 4:Community Development Agency
Session 5:Sheriff Services
Session 6:Library & Geographic Information Systems
Session 7:Behavioral Health & Public Health
Session 8:Health and Human Services
Session 9:Public Safety Collaboration
Session 10:Board of Supervisors & Graduation
For more information on the current year's session, take a look at the 2018 Citizen's Academy Brochure (PDF).
Nevada County offers a Citizen’s Academy, which aims to acquaint the community with the various functions and services of County government. Citizen’s Academy is a ten week class, covering topics from Information Technology to Public Safety, that provides its participants with insight on local Government operations and the diverse services that help support a healthy, safe and vibrant community.
The class takes place on consecutive Monday evenings (excluding holidays) in the fall. There is no cost to participate, and a simple meal is provided at each session.
Sign-up for our Citizen's Academy Outreach mailing list to receive information on upcoming Citizen's Academies by emailing the County Executive Office or call 530-265-7040.
You can find information and content from the Fall 2016 Citizen's Academy below:
- Session 1: Introduction to County Government (PDF)
- Session 2: County Finance (PDF)
- Session 3: Information and General Services and Emergency Services (PDF)
- Session 4: Community Development Agency (PDF)
- Session 5: Public Safety (PDF)
- Session 6: Geographic Information Services and Library (PDF)
- Session 7: Behavioral Health and Public Health (PDF)
- Session 8: Health and Human Services (PDF)
- Session 9: Probation, Public Defender, and District Attorney (PDF)
- Session 10: Board of Supervisors (PDF)