Library Loan Information
The Nevada County Community Library is temporarily suspending overdue fees during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Always present your Library Card
- Be aware of return dates
- Immediately report the loss of items or cards
- Items may be returned to any circulating branch (Nevada City, Grass Valley, Truckee, Bear River, or Penn Valley) regardless of where they were originally checked out - Exceptions: Telescopes and Microscope.
- Items that have been requested by another person may not be renewed. Renewals can be made through your online account, in person, or by phone.
- To provide access of library materials to all, you may renew items only twice
- Books on CD: 3 weeks, 10 books per person
- Books: 3 weeks
- CDs: 2 weeks, 10 item limit
- DVDs: 2 weeks, 10 item limit
- Magazines: 2 weeks, 6 issues per title
- Library materials may be renewed 2 times, unless the item has a hold request
- Interlibrary Loan: Loan period is at the discretion of the lending library
- Renewals must be approved by the lending library
- Inter-Library Loan (ILL) requests (each) - $3
- Lost library card replacement - $2
- Replacement for lost or damaged item - cost of items plus processing fee.
- Processing fee for lost or damaged item - $5
- Maximum overdue fine - $5
- Audio or book cd case damaged or lost - $8
- DVD case damaged or lost - $2
- Barcode torn off book or missing (including ILL barcode) - $2
- Display cover/promotional packaging ruined (media) - $2
- Lost, broken, scratched CD or DVD (in set) - $10
- Lost, broken, scratched CD, DVD, MP3 (single) - cost of items plus processing fee
- Underlining or highlighting - $2 or cost of books plus processing fee