Please be aware that we consider all requests for purchase, however, due to the volume you may not receive a response as to the disposition of your suggestion.
If you would like to be on the hold list if the material is purchased, please include your name and library card number on the form as requested.
Thanks for your input!
Interlibrary Loans (ILL)
The Nevada County Library provides library card holders the ability to borrow books from libraries across the United States.
Interlibrary Loan Information
- Complete an Interlibrary Loan Request Form online or request at any of our library branches.
- A $3 search fee will be due at date of item pick-up
- This service applies to books only (no audio-visual material)
- Recently published books are not available
- Loan periods are set by the lending library and are usually between 2-8 weeks
- Allow 10-14 days for delivery
Renewals are dependent on the approval of the lending library. If you wish to renew your interlibrary loan materials, please contact us several days prior to the due date to request a renewal.
Zip Books is a way for you to request books that the Library doesn't own. The item is shipped directly to you using Amazon Prime.
What is Zip Books?
Zip Books is an innovative alternative to the traditional interlibrary loan. You may request a book or an audiobook that is not available through the Nevada County Community Library to be delivered to your home, free of charge.
To be eligible
• The book must not be available in the Nevada County Community Library catalog.
• The book must be available through Amazon, and cost no more than $35 (pre-tax)
• Your account must be in good standing, with no outstanding Zip Books items.
Please complete a Zip Book form online or request a form at a Nevada County Community Library.
For more information, email us or call 530-470-2773