Temporary (30 day) library card available. Can be used for a selection of digital resources.
Click here to sign up (remember to write down temporary login information: PACREG_____
Click here to watch a short how-to video Click here to sign up (remember to write down temporary login information: PACREG_____ of how to register for a temporary card and access a digital resource.
Note: In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection act, you must be 13 or older in order to complete the library card registration.
(Bring in your CA picture ID or picture ID with a piece of local registered mail to change your status from temporary to resident when the library re-opens for access to all the library has to offer)
Digital resources available with temporary cards as follows.
- Adult Learning Center
- Britannica Escolar
- Britannica School
- Career Center
- College Center
- DPLA: Digital Public Library of America (library card not required)
- GrantFinder (username and password provided)
- Kanopy (videos of how to access on iPhone/iPad and Web browser)
- Learning Express Library
- New York Times
- RBdigital Magazines (video of how to access on Web browser)
- Resources in Spanish
- School Center
- TeachingBooks (library card not required)
- Tumblebooks (library card not required)
- Age Requirements
- Proof of Residency
- Borrower Type Limits
- Proof of Address/Borrower Type
- Check Out/ Replacement
Children must be 5 to 17 years of age. Minors must have the application signed by a parent or legal guardian with a California driver’s license or California ID card. This person should be aware that they are financially responsible until the child is 18.
Adults are 18 and older. When a child turns 18, he or she needs to complete a new form and his or her record is to be updated. In this instance, a replacement card may be issued at no charge.
Proof of Address
Proof of California address is any of the following:
- Current bill printed with name and address
- Deposit slip or statement
- DMV change of address
- Escrow/title company papers
- Medical or welfare card
- Paycheck stub with address
- Canceled mail addressed to applicant (not in care of mail)
- Printed checks
- Rent receipt printed with name and address
- Vehicle registration
- Voter registration
All library cards expire every 3 years and patrons are responsible for renewing.
- Resident of local group home - Item limit 2; card expires after 6 months; to change to another status, must re-apply.
- Homebound - used for senior center residents in Truckee or by Book Buddies - Item limit 35
- Adult & Youth Limited - Item limit 3.
- Non-resident (but resident of another California county) - Item limit 35
- Adult & Youth Resident - Item limit 35
- Student Success - Item limit 3
Proof of address/Borrower Type
- CDL with address in another California county N (Non-resident)
- CDL with local address in Nevada County: R (Resident of Nevada County)
- CDL without current address L (Limited)
- Group home: Leader's CDL with proof of local address G
- Mexico ID card and proof of address O (out-of state)
- Military ID and proof of address O (Out-of-state)
- Out-of-state driver's license with proof of local address O (out-of-state)
- Out-of-state driver's license without proof of local address No card
- Passport or foreign driver's license without proof of local address No card
- Passport, Bank card with picture ID, permit to work, or foreign driver's license with proof of local address L (Limited)
Patrons should present library card for check out.
Replacement cards are $2.00 each.