Nevada County Community Library provides access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines, online learning, and resource tools for all ages - 24/7. Temporary (30 day) library cards are available and can be used for a selection of digital resources.
How to Apply for a Library Card
Applications for a Nevada County Community Library Card are available at all branch locations or you can
If completed an online library card please note the following:
- Remember to write down your temporary login: PACREG#####.
- A physical library card with access to all materials will be mailed with instructions on how to activate within 30 days of temporary card issuance.
- Most of the digital resources are available with temporary cards.
Note: In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection act, you must be 13 or older in order to complete the library card registration.
- Age Requirements
- Proof of Residency
- Borrower Type Limits
- Proof of Address/Borrower Type
- Check Out/ Replacement
ChildrenChildren must be 5 to 17 years of age. Minors must have the application signed by a parent or legal guardian with a California driver’s license or California ID card. This person should be aware that they are financially responsible until the child is 18.
AdultsAdults are 18 and older. When a child turns 18, he or she needs to complete a new form and his or her record is to be updated. In this instance, a replacement card may be issued at no charge.
Proof of California address is any of the following:
Proof of Address
- Current bill printed with name and address
- Deposit slip or statement
- DMV change of address
- Escrow/title company papers
- Medical or welfare card
- Paycheck stub with address
- Canceled mail addressed to applicant (not in care of mail)
- Printed checks
- Rent receipt printed with name and address
- Vehicle registration
- Voter registration
All library cards expire every 3 years and patrons are responsible for renewing.
- Group home resident - Item limit 2; card expires after 6 months; to change to another status, must re-apply.
- Homebound - used for senior center residents in Truckee or Book Buddies - Item limit 35 (During COVID closure the limit is expanded to 50 items)
- Adult & Youth Limited - Item limit 3.
- Non-resident - Item limit 35 ( During COVID closure the limit is expanded to 50 items)
- Adult & Youth Resident - Item limit 35 (During COVID closure the limit is expanded to 50 items)
- Student Success - Item limit 3
Proof of address/Borrower Type
- CDL with address in another California county N (Non-resident)
- CDL with local address in Nevada County: R (Resident of Nevada County)
- CDL without current address L (Limited)
- Group home: Leader's CDL with proof of local address G
- Mexico ID card and proof of address N (Non-resident)
- Military ID and proof of address N (Non-resident)
- Out-of-state driver's license with proof of local address N (Non-resident)
- Out-of-state driver's license without proof of local address No card
- Passport or foreign driver's license without proof of local address No card
- Passport, Bank card with picture ID, permit to work, or foreign driver's license with proof of local address L (Limited)
Patrons should present library card for check out.
Replacement cards are $2.00 each.