Projects Scheduled for Public Meeting
The Nevada County Planning Department processes all types of discretionary land use permits; from large commercial developments to small residential subdivisions and variances. Additionally, the Planning Department also prepares various Zoning Ordinance and General Plan Text Amendments and Recreation Planning projects, such as commercial rafting permits on the Truckee River. In order for these projects to be approved they must be considered at a public hearing by the County Zoning Administrator, Planning Commission and sometimes the Board of Supervisors. For specific information on larger projects, including the project planner contact information and supporting documents, look for the project's name under the "News and Events" header on the Planning Department homepage. The links below provide supporting documents, such as staff reports and conditions of approval, for discretionary projects that are scheduled for a public hearing in the immediate future. Please note that this does not include administrative projects such as lot line adjustments and home occupations permits.
June 12, 2019 Zoning Administrator - Board of Supervisors Chambers
- 1:30 p.m : Royer Parcel Map (PLN18-0089; TPM18-0006; EIS19-0002). Project Planner: Amanda Nolan, Assistant Planner.
- 1:45 p.m : Bartlome Conditional Use Permit (PLN17-0062; CUP17-0013). Project Planner: Janeane Martin, Associate Planner.
June 27, 2019 Planning Commission - Town of Truckee Council Chambers
- 9:30 a.m. : Boca Quarry Expansion Draft EIR Public Hearing (U11-008; RP11-001; EIS11-001)(PDF) Project Planner: Coleen Shade, Senior Planner
- 9:45 A.M. : Hobart Mills Industrial Park (PLN19-0097; U13-003; EIS13-002)(PDF) Project Planner; Matt Kelley, Senior Planner
- 1:00 p.m. : Van Norden Dam Spillway Modification Final EIR Certification (U16-003; MGT16-010; EIS16-003)(PDF) Project Planner: Coleen Shade, Senior Planner