Supervisor Scofield's Agenda Items
The following is a list of agenda items that Supervisor Scofield has authored or co-authored. Most of the links will take you to his Board letter and supporting documents for that item. If you do not see an item that you are looking for, please contact the Board office at 530-265-1480.
- May 23, 2017: Letter of Support (PDF) to the U.S. Economic Development Agency (EDA) for transferring the EDA grant award that supports economic development services and programs to the Nevada, Placer, El Dorado and Sierra County region to the Sierra Business Council (SBC).
- May 23, 2017: Resolution (PDF) to withdraw from the Joint Powers Agreement for the Purpose of Creating a Multi-County Joint Powers Agency to foster Economic Development in the Counties of Nevada, Placer, El Dorado, and Sierra, State of California, dated July 11, 1969, and as amended on January 22, 1974 for the Purpose of Creating a Multi-County Joint Powers Agency to coordinate all areawide programs for within the Counties of Nevada, Placer, El Dorado and Sierra, State of California, for which Federal/State and other funds may be available, effective as of the date that the last of El Dorado, Placer and Nevada Counties adopts a Resolution withdrawing from said Agreement.
- August 11, 2015: Resolution affirming the commitment of the County of Nevada to preventing commercial sexual exploitation of children in our county and to working collaboratively with all county partners to identify, protect, and serve these vulnerable children and youth.
- March 24, 2015: Resolution of Intention to withdraw, and withdrawal from the Sierra Economic Development Corporation (SEDCorp) Joint Powers Agreement (JPA), effective July 1, 2015, and directing the Chair of the Board of Supervisors to send written notice of the County's withdrawal to all parties to the JPA within five days after the date of this Resolution.
- March 10, 2015: Letter to the Nevada County Consolidated Fire District Board requesting it withdraw its request for a name change and refrain from using the name "Nevada County Fire Protection District."
- October 14, 2014: Letter of support (PDF) for the Economic Resource Council's (ERC) application for a grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) to develop a Digital Media Leadership Campus in Nevada County.
- September 16, 2014: Update (PDF) on 2014-15 AB 2766 DMV Surcharge Program projects to be considered for funding at the September 22, 2014 Northern Sierra Air Quality Management District Board meeting.
- February 11, 2013: Presentation (PDF) on the Apache County, Arizona Revitalization Plan
- December 13, 2011: Presentation by the Bear-Yuba Land Trust on the proposed Garden Bar Dam, and request for approval of a letter stating the Board's opposition to the dam.
- July 19, 2011: Letter (PDF) stating the Board's opposition to Assembly Bill 322 (Portantino) relating to forensic testing of rape kits.
- February 22, 2011: Letter to Congressman McClintock requesting he support fully funding Workforce Investment Act programs in the Continuing Resolution legislation, which will fund the federal government for the seven remaining months in the Fiscal Year 2011 (see Minutes, item Number 19 (PDF)).