Report Elder Abuse & Neglect

Who Can Make a Report to Adult Protective Services?

  • APS 24-Hr. Emergency Response: 530-265-1217
  • Email Adult Services. If the report is of an urgent matter, it is best to call 530-265-1639.
  • Fax Number: 530-470-2625
  • Our office number from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday is 530-265-1639.
  • Reports and the reporting parties are kept confidential.
  • Staff is available to take reports, answer questions or refer you to other community agencies.
  • Toll-Free: 888-339-7248

Who Must Make a Report to Adult Protective Services?

Abuse reporting laws now require certain groups of people to report known or suspected abuse. These people are called Mandated Reporters. These are generally individuals who are involved with elders and dependent adults. This includes care custodians, health practitioners, law enforcement, paramedics, banks and fire fighters. Reporters must file an abuse report when they observe or suspect abuse.