Alcohol Use

Selling, Serving, or Consuming Alcohol - Policy

Any event in which alcoholic beverages are sold, served or consumed, the event holder must have an Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) license and must have the $1,000,000 additional alcohol rider on the insurance certificate and endorsement per the contract.

Providers / Holders

If a caterer/company provides alcohol, the company/person selling the alcohol must have liquor liability insurance (as stated in the contract), and the endorsement page which names the event holder and the county as additional insured. The event holder does not need to have the liquor liability on their insurance. The event holder is responsible for obtaining the insurance endorsement, alcohol rider, and copy of the license from the company/person and providing a copy to the County.

American Legion Process

One option is to contact the American Legion to provide a no host bar. The American Legion will set up the portable bar, provide bartenders, sell alcoholic beverages, and the proceeds will benefit the American Legion directly. If this option is utilized, the ABC license and alcohol insurance liability is covered by the American Legion. The American Legion office phone number is 530-272-2160.

Bar Rentals

The American Legion will rent the bar furniture piece if the bar service is not requested. Contact the American Legion office for details 530-272-2160.