The following permits are required. Please contact the appropriate authorities to make arrangements for your event as necessary to comply with the local jurisdiction. Copies of all permits are required prior to receiving a scheduled walk-through to receive keys and cleaning instructions. All applications shall be turned in no less than 30 days in advance of the event's scheduled date.
  • For the Grass Valley Police Department Application for Special Events, call 530-477-4600. The Police Department is at:
    129 E Main Street
    Grass Valley, CA 95945
  • For the Grass Valley Fire Marshal Temporary Use Permit, contact Fire Marshal 530-274-4370.
  • An event in which alcohol is being provided/consumed/sold requires permission from the California Department of Alcohol and Beverage Control. For office location, contact and other information, visit Department of Alcohol and Beverage Control page.