The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act passed on Friday, March 27. The state of California issued a comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions document to help make sense of the new relief legislation. This document covers relief provided to hospitals and the health system, Medicare, small businesses, individuals, as well as aid to states and municipalities. Information on how Economic Injury Disaster Loans, Emergency Economic Injury Grants, and Small Business Debt Relief Programs will be administered is also included.
Find answers to your questions such as:
- What type of assistance will independent contractors be eligible for?
- What if I’m not eligible for traditional Unemployment Insurance?
- Who qualifies to receive a check and how much will an individual receive?
- How long will it take for this check to be delivered?
- What relief is provided to federal student loan borrowers?
- What support is there for small businesses?
Read the full CARES Act Frequently Asked Questions.