"To engage and empower our community to eliminate poverty, to create equity and prosperity, and assist people in achieving self-sufficiency through direct services, advocacy and community partnership"
The Nevada County Adult & Family Services Commission (AFSC) announces a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the Nevada County Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) additional Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Funding Allocation. The AFSC seeks proposals from local non-profit agencies to provide services that will prevent, prepare for, and respond to the 2020 coronavirus pandemic while enhancing the priorities set forth by the Community Services Block Grant Community Action Plan (CSBG CAP) in the area of Improving Household Income and/or Obtaining/Maintaining Affordable Housing.
Four CSBG-CARES awards will be funded in the total amount of $200,000, in support of the mission of the AFSC in order to provide Covid-19 impact related relief to improve the lives of low-income residents of Nevada County. Each award totaling $50,000, will be disbursed from October 1, 2020 (estimated) through May 31, 2022, and is contingent upon the availability of funds.
Non-Profit organizations may submit an application for CSBG funds. Successful applicants will be required to report on a wide variety of client demographics and program results and outcomes.
Funding requests are for March 27, 2020 – May 31, 2022. The maximum funds available will be $200,000, with funds distributed as outlined above. These funds are limited to program support and are subject to the Nevada County Board of Supervisors’ approval and fiscal resources. These funds are to provide direct program support with indirect costs not to exceed 10% of direct program expenses. These funds may not be used for the purchase of assets. Funding priorities will be aligned with activities in support of relieving Covid-19’s impact on low-income families as set forth by the Community Services Block Grant Community Action Plan (CSBG CAP) objective of Improving Household Income and/or Obtaining/Maintaining Affordable Housing. The CSBG CAP may found at https://www.mynevadacounty.com/DocumentCenter/View/13801/Community-Action-Plan-CAP-18-19-PDF?bidId
CSBG funding must be targeted to very low-income residents (200% FPL for FFY 20-21), (See ATTACHMENT F – 2019 CSBG Poverty Guidelines are to be used to determine the targeted population). = .
A downloadable copy of the proposal application will be available August 3, 2020 at: https://www.mynevadacounty.com/1434/Adults-Family-Services-Commission For questions or additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Nevada County Department of Social Services
950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City, CA 95959
Phone: (530) 265-1645
The Application Deadline is August 31, 2020, no later than 3:00 P.M.
Selection process will occur at the September 11, 2020, AFSC meeting
All applicants are encouraged to attend
Proposal Application Instructions
The proposal application consists of the following:
- Cover Sheet (not to exceed one (1) page)
- A Proposal Narrative that has two sections: The Organization and the Proposed Project (not to exceed two (2) pages)
- Attachments – required attachments
- Attachments A and B are required and may not to exceed one (1) page each
- Attachments C and D are required
- Attachment E is required for proposals of services that are aligned with other agencies
- Documents or materials not specifically requested will NOT be reviewed
- Use font size of 10 or larger
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding. All required attachments must be submitted as part of the application
E-mail one (1) PDF version of your Proposal Application. The proposal must include the signature of the Authorized Representative for the agency submitting the application.
- Applications must be received by August 31, 2020 no later than 3:00 P.M.
- Any applications other than e-mailed versions will not be accepted.
- Any applications submitted after the due date will not be accepted.
- Submit applications to email@example.com
- Selection process will occur at the September 11, 2020, AFSC meeting, all applicants are encouraged to attend.