1/22: Nevada County Public Health is excited to announce that, starting next week, residents who fall into parts of Phase 1B will be eligible for vaccination.
At this time, the following groups will be eligible for vaccine next week:
- K-12 educators. Nevada County Superintendent of Schools is working with Public Health to provide vaccinations directly to school staff. These vaccinations will start next week. If you’re an educator, contact your school administrator with questions.
- Corrections officers
- Stay tuned! We expect to announce additions to this list next week.
Originally we planned to move in to Phase 1B in early February. Both the amount of vaccine coming to Nevada County next week and commitments from our vaccination partners have allowed us to move into Phase 1B ahead of schedule.
To find out which Phase and Tier you fall into, please check our vaccine schedule. That schedule also indicates which groups are currently eligible for vaccine. We keep that schedule up-to-date so you can see where you are in the process.
What you can do to be ready for vaccination:
- Stay informed. Start by knowing where you are included in the County’s vaccine schedule and keeping track of any changes as they arise. Knowing what tier you and your loved ones fall into will help you to be ready when eligibility opens up for your group.
- To find out which Phase and Tier you fall into, please check our vaccine schedule
- Bookmark our COVID-19 vaccination page at www.MyNevadaCounty.com/Coronavirus/Vaccine and check back regularly
- Text VACCINEINFO to 898211 to receive text updates from Public Health straight to your smartphone
- Call 211 or 1-833-DIAL211 to speak to a local call specialist in English or Spanish, 24/7
- Be patient. We are moving forward in our vaccine eligibility as we receive vaccine from the state. We know that our community is ready to be vaccinated. We are grateful for that enthusiasm and energy. We continue to follow the State’s guidelines on prioritizing groups with our limited vaccine supply.
- Phase 1A fully eligible for vaccine. If you are a healthcare provider and haven’t completed our on-line form yet, please use that form to let us know that you’re ready to be vaccinated. When available, we will email you details on how to sign up for an appointment: www.mynevadacounty.com/coronavirus/phase1a.
- Talk to your doctor if you have questions. If you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, talk to your healthcare provider now so you have your questions answered when you become eligible. More information is also available from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html
- Connect with Vulnerable Friends & Neighbors. Make sure they know what Phase and Tier they are in and are getting reliable local updates.
- Be flexible. Nevada County follows the State’s guidance on vaccine prioritization. The State’s guidance and systems continue to change and be refined, and we follow suit. We know this can feel frustrating for the public. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we follow the appropriate guidance.
Vaccination is an essential tool for ending this pandemic. Continue to practice social distancing and wear a mask, even after you’ve been vaccinated.
Ryan Gruver, Nevada County's Director of Health and Human Services, shared a piece on Honoring the Legacy of Our Grandparents. We must all stay vigilant and continue to wear masks, keep our distance, wash our hands, and avoid gatherings so that we can protect our most vulnerable and return to a more normal way of life as quickly as possible.
Thank you to our partners who are helping to vaccinate our community. Our COVID-19 vaccination efforts could not succeed without your partnership and your commitment to our community’s health.