Feb 10. Today the County of Nevada will go live with the State’s MyTurn vaccine notification and scheduling platform.
An extremely limited number of appointments will be available as we test the system before expanding access in the coming days and weeks. These first few appointments are a small pilot of MyTurn in Nevada County. Nevada County residents who have signed up for MyTurn and are currently eligible for vaccination will receive notification that appointments are available. We expect that these appointments will fill up very quickly.
We are releasing these few appointments to test the system and work out any glitches. We expect to release larger number of appointments next week and we want to ensure that the system runs smoothly.
All Nevada County residents are encouraged to sign up for MyTurn to receive notification of vaccine eligibility and open appointments. Go to myturn.ca.gov or call 1-833-422-4255 to register. Those who are not yet eligible can sign up to be notified when it’s their turn to be vaccinated. As more vaccine becomes available in Nevada County, the community will begin to see more appointments available on MyTurn.
The Public Health Department is grateful for your patience as we test this new system.
Please stay informed as this is an evolving situation and continue to be patient as we meet this unprecedented challenge
- Truckee Residents: Updated COVID-19 and vaccination information: https://www.tfhd.com/covid/covid-19-vaccine
- Sign up for MyTurn.ca.gov for appointment availability
- Bookmark our COVID-19 vaccination page and check back regularly
- Text VACCINEINFO to 898211 to receive text updates from Public Health straight to your smartphone
- Subscribe for those same alerts via email by filling out this on-line form
- Call 211 (1-833-DIAL211) with questions about your tier or other general questions about COVID-19
- YubaNet will be hosting weekly, short webinars every Thursday at noon to provide updates on COVID-19 and vaccine distribution in Nevada County. Register here – only one registration for all webinars is required.
Thank you to our partners who are helping to vaccinate our community. Our COVID-19 vaccination efforts could not succeed without your partnership and your commitment to our community’s health.
Vaccination is an essential tool for ending this pandemic. Even after you are vaccinated, we must all stay vigilant and continue to wear masks, keep our distance, wash our hands, and avoid gatherings so that we can return to a more normal way of life as quickly as possible.