Click here for Stand-By Vaccine List
We've created this form to make sure no dose of COVID-19 vaccine goes to waste. Put your name on our list to be offered a same-day appointment at our Grass Valley vaccination clinic. If you don't have access to the internet, call 2-1-1 or 1-833-DIAL211 and a call agent will get you signed up. 211 call agents are available 24/7 and in English and Spanish.
Details on the Stand-By List
- All stand-by appointments will be made by phone only.
- You will need to answer our phone call to receive an appointment. We will not leave a message.
- Stand-by appointments will be same-day only.
- Stand-by appointments will be anywhere from 15 minutes to 4 hours from when we call you.
- Adding your name to this list is not a guarantee that you will receive an appointment.
- Documentation of your eligibility for vaccine will be required.
- Documentation of citizenship or legal status is NOT REQUIRED.
- You must be 18 years old or older.
- The Stand-By List will be limited to 500 people. We will open and close the list as space on the list allows.
- If you are offered vaccine elsewhere, take them up on it!
The Stand-By List is for People in Phase 1A and Phase 1B
For more detail on who is included in Phase 1A and 1B, refer to our Vaccine Schedule.
- Phase 1A includes healthcare workers.
- Phase 1B includes people 65+ and people who work in Nevada County in the following sectors:
- Education and childcare.
- Emergency services.
- Food and Ag (restaurants, grocery stores, veterinarians, farms, ranches, cannabis manufacturing and distribution).
Sign up for MyTurn
We also encourage you to sign up for MyTurn.ca.gov to receive an alert when you are eligible for vaccine and allow you to make an appointment locally, as supply allows. Sign up at www.myturn.ca.gov or call 1-833-422-4255 to register. In the next few weeks, we expect MyTurn to start sending out texts or emails to eligible people when appointments open up. Until then, you can check back at the MyTurn page to see if there are appointments available. We are still piloting MyTurn so appointments are limited at this time.
Please stay informed as this is an evolving situation and continue to be patient as we meet this unprecedented challenge
- Truckee Residents: Updated COVID-19 and vaccination information: https://www.tfhd.com/covid/covid-19-vaccine
- Bookmark our COVID-19 vaccination page and check back regularly
- Text VACCINEINFO to 898211 to receive text updates from Public Health straight to your smartphone or subscribe for those same alerts via email by filling out this on-line form
- Call 211 (1-833-DIAL211) with questions about your tier or other general questions about COVID-19
- YubaNet will be hosting weekly, short webinars every Thursday at noon to provide updates on COVID-19 and vaccine distribution in Nevada County. Register here – only one registration for all webinars is required
Thank you to our partners who are helping to vaccinate our community. Our COVID-19 vaccination efforts could not succeed without your partnership and your commitment to our community’s health.
Vaccination is an essential tool for ending this pandemic. Even after you are vaccinated, we must all stay vigilant and continue to wear masks, keep our distance, wash our hands, and avoid gatherings so that we can return to a more normal way of life as quickly as possible.