The Board of Supervisors passed a resolution on October 23, 2018 authorizing the Community Development Agency to establish a pre-application conditional process for temporary local authorization in response to State inquiries regarding cannabis cultivation for State temporary licenses.
Applicants for temporary local authorization shall:
- Be in compliance with the County’s current draft cannabis ordinance.
- Demonstrate that no new environmental impacts will occur as a result of the temporary local authorization.
- Demonstrate that the applicant will be able to cultivate on the same site and under the same license type as requested in the temporary local authorization, once the County’s new cannabis cultivation ordinance is adopted.
- Recognize that no cultivation or growing will be allowed under the temporary local authorization until the County’s pending EIR is complete and a new cannabis cultivation ordinance has been adopted and County staff can inspect the property for compliance.
- Recognize that the temporary local authorization gives no guarantee or promise that the holder of such local authorization will have the ability to cultivate in the future, obtain an annual state license, or annual local permit
- Recognize that the temporary local authorization may be revoked at any time at the discretion of the Community Development Agency Director.
How to Apply and Submit an Application
Once the applicant determines their compliance with all of the above, they will need to submit a complete temporary local authorization application packet. Once the application packet is thoroughly completed and signed it must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in person at the Rood Government Center's Community Development Agency located at 950 Maidu Avenue, Suite 170 (first floor), in Nevada City.
Email is the preferable option as there may be an increase in wait times based on the increase in customer visits. You will be contacted by a Community Development Agency staff member regarding the status of your permit application.