Live or work in the Penn Valley Area? Mark your calendar for the second Community Workshop for the Penn Valley Area Plan on Wednesday, January 23rd, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Ready Springs Elementary School in Penn Valley. We are continuing our efforts to engage and solicit feedback from those that live, work and play in Penn Valley.
The Penn Valley Area Plan will serve as the comprehensive land use and zoning plan for the Penn Valley area. The plan is intended to guide development such that it is consistent with the community's vision and the Nevada County General Plan. The second Community Workshop will focus on:
- Area Plan best practices
- current land use and zoning in Penn Valley
- feedback from the first meeting on Area Plan boundaries
- Please bring hard copy photos to share of images that represent Penn Valley’s identity, and pictures reflecting an Area Plan opportunity from somewhere local or another place that impresses you
The current Penn Valley Village Area Plan was adopted in 2000. The purpose for the update is to make adjustments based on the community’s current needs and prepare a plan the can realizes opportunities in the future based on the following planning objectives:
- The plan is a comprehensive land use and zoning plan for the Penn Valley commercial areas (may include industrial, business park, recreation and residential areas);
- It serves as a tool to advance the goals and policies for the Nevada County General Plan, while benefitting the local community,
- The Plan reflects the vision of residents, business owners, and elected officials,
- The Plan establishes achievable action items, and
- The Area Plan provides long-term guidance intended to improve the prosperity of the area in a way that supports a healthy economy, environment, and social fabric of the area residents and visitors.
Please come and participate in an evening of thoughtful discussion and brainstorming focused on developing a long-range plan. Children and teens are also invited to participate in this community workshop.